kierstenkoz

kierstenkoz

Frozen
'Melissa de la Cruz', 'Michael Johnston'
Progress: 194/325 pages
You Just Don't Understand: Women and Men in Conversation
Deborah Tannen
People Reading: Control Others
Beier, Ernest G. Beier
Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) - Kami Garcia,  Margaret Stohl This book really gave me a new appreciation for love triangles. Usually, when I'm reading a book, the main character/speaker is the one choosing between two people. And, as the reader, I LOVE to have an opinion on who the character should end up with. Reading from the perspective of someone who is one of the options is so much more frustrating. I found myself angry at Lena because she was giving Ethan the cold shoulder. (I suddenly feel bad for all those characters in other books...). On another note, I thought Beautiful Creatures was crazy, but I didn't know crazy until Beautiful Darkness. My mind was seriously blown with every advance in this book. Ethan is a Wayward? Ethan's mom was in love with Macon? John Breed is some sort of hybrid? Abraham is alive? Ridley lost her powers? Lucille is a Caster animal? Macon is alive? LINK IS AN INCUBUS?! Mind. Blown. My mind was so blown by this book that I refuse to even try to speculate what's going to happen in the next book because if I think something is going to happen, I'm just going to be more surprised by what happens. (Not that this is a bad thing. It's totally great. I love not being able to predict what's going to happen (Unlike Ethan when he watches movies... Ha, I think I'm funny)). I can't wait to see what happens in Beautiful Chaos. Hopefully there is some more Ridley/Link action and more information about the mysterious John Breed!